When you cook, which is happening more often in the corona lock down, select from these 7 ingredients to strengthen your lungs, because studies found that those who eat them, had less chance to develop lung related diseases.
- Daily 16gram of carrots through 10 years showed a lower prevalence of adult asthma.
- Regular tomato consumption over the coarse of 10 years showed also a lower prevalence of adult asthma. This study, apart from apples didn’t find any other fruit having an impact.
- Study published in The European Respiratory Journal reported that apples helped slow declining lung function over a 10-year period, especially for former smokers. The phytochemicals in apples has also been shown to decrease oxidative stress and inflammation.
- About daily two cup of green tea was found to lower the risk of a group of progressive lung diseases (COPD) that can cause shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing.
- Leafy Greens like cabbage savoy, kale, chicory, lettuce and spinach in a Spanish study were linked to a lower risk not only of lung cancer and adult asthma but COPD as well, that the green tee also positively impacts.
- Garlic possesses powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help protect against oxidative stress within the lungs and throughout the body. A Chinese study even found that consuming raw garlic at least two times per week was associated with a lower risk of developing lung cancer over time.
- Research suggests that the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric could aid in the treatment of several respiratory conditions, including asthma, COPD, acute respiratory distress syndrome, lung injury and pulmonary fibrosis.
What studies suggest to stay away from in the sake of your lungs: refined grains, cured and red meats, desserts, and French fries these were found to increase the risk of COPD.
During corona lock-down once a week you can get free lung supporting recipes in line with these studies, if you sign up here: MyEndoGym